The best of the 50s, 60s and 70s, played every day except for the following events:
WayneHigh School Sports
Oldies 97.3 Radio is a proud supporter of Wayne High School Athletics. We’re proud to broadcast coverage of the following sports during the school year:
– Football (entire season)
– Basketball (game of the week)
– Baseball and Softball (selected games)
Saturday Morning Big Band
Enjoy our Big Band programming every Saturday morning from 7:00 – 10:00
- 7:00 am to 9:00 am Saturdays – “The Big Band Show”
- 9:00 am to 10:00 am Saturdays – “Swingin’ Down The Lane” hosted by David Miller
Sunday Morning Religious Programming
Oldies 97.3 radio devotes its Sunday mornings to various community religious programming. Current programs are listed and linked below.
- 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM: Available! Call (937) 723-1139 for more information.
- 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM: Available! Call (937) 723-1139 for more information.
- 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM: Alpha and Omega
- 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM: Hallelujah Side Baptist Church
Time slots are available for programming from churches or community religious groups. Contact us at (937) 723-1139 for more information.
Other Special Programming
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM Saturdays: “Cool Bobby B’s Doo Wop Stop“
Cool Bobby B is a radio disc jockey who hosts a doo-wop oldies radio program called Cool Bobby B’s Doo Wop Stop. The introduction to his program suggests that when he was a youth in Pennsylvania in the 1950s, he ended up on the wanted list after he broke into a radio station and illegally cranked up the transmitter power to a million watts so he can air his doo-wop records to be heard throughout the eastern portion of the United States. His program emanates from an undisclosed location as he is “still wanted to this day”. Cool Bobby B’s favorite group has been noted to be Kenny Vance and the Planotones. His trademark sunglasses and cowbell are used on the air to this day as well.
12:00 am to 1:00am Sunday: Wackadoo Wax Hosted by A. Ghastlee Ghoul and Comrade X
Check out Science and the Sea every day on Oldies 97.3 We broadcast this show everyday so broadcast dates on their website may not match our schedule
Request Line 937-237-9796 (WSWO)
Live On the Air Schedule
- Sunday: Wackadoo Wax 1am-2am, Kel Crum 12-3pm, Steve Radcliffe 6-9pm, Sunday Night Music & Conversation with Tony Peters 9:30-10:00
- Monday: Tony Peters 10 am-2pm, Panama Jack 3-7pm, Tim Darcy 7-10pm
- Tuesday: Dr. Rock 7-10am, Jordan Kelly 10am-2pm, Blazin Brad 2:00-6:00 pm, Shelly “Glad Girl” Wax Carnival 8-11pm
- Wednesday: Lightning Rod Flash 12-4pm, Mike Reisz 4-7 pm, Gene Charles 7-10 pm
- Thursday: Jerry Halasz 10am-2pm, John Bennett 2-6 pm, Chuck Berry 6-9pm
- Friday: Automation and F O O T B A L L
- Saturday: Chris Poole 11am-1pm, Gary Quinn 2-6pm, Mike Shaver “The Record Saver” 9-12pm