About Oldies 97.3
Oldies 97.3 – Who We Are:
We are a low-power community FM (LPFM) station, WSWO-LP, broadcasting at 97.3 MHz on the FM radio dial, and streaming on the Internet. WSWO-LP is owned and operated by Southwestern Ohio Public Radio, a registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization.
We serve Huber Heights, Vandalia, Riverside, Fairborn, Dayton, Harrison Township and the Miami Valley.
- We signed on-the-air in September 2004 at 97.7 from a location off Old Troy Pike north of I-70.
- In November 2011, we moved from 97.7 to 97.5 FM, with the transmitter moving to a tower at the studios on Chambersburg Road in Huber Heights.
- On October 4th, 2013, we moved to FM 97.3, and the transmitter moved to the City of Huber Heights Tower located near the intersection of St Rt. 202 and Needmore Road
- We broadcast around the clock.
- Online streaming audio started January 2013.
- We operate as a Public, non-commercial radio station
- Our programming includes Wayne High School Sports (Football, Men’s and Ladies Basketball, Baseball and Softball)
- Everyone associated with the station is an unpaid volunteer
- We can accept underwriting funds (donations) from the business community and the general public
- We can acknowledge Business donors with on-the-air donor mentions
- We are registered with the State of Ohio as a non-profit corporation. The IRS recognizes us as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public foundation.
- Oldies music from the 50s, 60s and 70s.
- In 2021 we began to go “Beyond”, adding selected songs from the 80’s by artists from 50’s, 60’s and 70’s who were still actively releasing music into the 80’s.
- Wide Variety of over 8,000 tunes (and Growing).
- Big Band music every Saturday morning
- Local Religious programing every Sunday morning.
- Information — community events and public service announcements
- No commercials — we do acknowledge business donations.
- Wayne High School Sports Coverage